- The seller will give the buyer an estimated delivery date for the goods, but no such estimated times or dates provided by us are guaranteed.
- The seller will arrange for packing according to the method of delivery chosen by the buyer during the checkout process.
- Should the buyer choose USPS as a method of shipping, responsibility for the purchased goods passes to the buyer at the time USPS takes possession of the good.
- Should the buyer choose UPS or FED EX as a method of shipping, the responsibility for the purchased goods passes to the buyer when the shipper records “DELIVERED” in their respective tracking information.
- UPS does not provide delivery service to PO Boxes. If you are having an order shipped to a PO Box please select USPS, so that the package is not delayed and/or returned.
- The buyer must check the goods immediately upon delivery and contact the seller if there are any problems with the goods. The buyer must notify the seller within 24 hours of delivery to ensure prompt attention as completed orders are filed away daily.
- In the case that the goods have been damaged in transit, the buyer must keep all packaging, as this may be required when making a claim.
The seller will not be liable for any loss, damages or penalty resulting from delay in delivery of the goods when such delay is due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the seller, including without limitation, supplier delay, force majeure, act of God, labor unrest, or fire. In any such event, the delivery date will be deemed extended for a period equal to the delay.
- Adult Signature may be required upon delivery
(Please have your ID Handy to show delivery carrier)